BOOK ELVES 2015
As Christmas 2015 approached, we at the BookElves put on our pointed hats with the tinkly bells and decided to work together on another special festive project. The result is the BookElves Anthology Volume 2 - a second collection of seasonal tales written by 7 different authors from 4 different continents.
Look out for Max's Midnight Adventure, which is one of the stories!
Seven authors, seven new tales to twang your heartstrings as you snuggle up cosy and warm during the long winter nights. Will the Christmas fairy be ready to grant your wishes? Will Shirley Link solve all the clues to her presents? Will a keen inventor steal the heart of a lady? Will another lady have her life saved by a horse? And will Santa's reindeer, a lost and forlorn hero, and a boy under the spell of a wicked witch find their way home when they are left out in the cold at midwinter? Find out in this second anthology from the MG BookElves, a selection that older children will love, and adults will enjoy reading to younger children.
The ebook version is available on pre-order at Amazon, B&N, iTunes and Kobo. The paperback will follow soon on Amazon.
You'll be able to find the book on any Amazon website by clicking on the following link:
BOOK ELVES 2014
Princelings Publications is proud to announce the publication of the first BookElves Anthology.
Last year twelve intrepid authors of novels for older (middle grade) children got together to bring you a great giveaway and blog tour. This year seven of them have contributed to an anthology of stories, each between 4,000 and 7,000 words long, with a Christmas or seasonal theme.
The featured artists are:
- Rebecca Douglass (the Ninja Librarian, Return to Skunk Corners)
- Fiona Ingram (The Secret of the Sacred Scarab, The Stone of Excalibur)
- M G King (Fizz & Peppers at the Bottom of the World)
- Wendy Leighton-Porter (The Shadows from the Past series)
- Jemima Pett (The Princelings of the East series)
- Sandy Smith (The Seed Savers series)
- Ben Zackheim (Shirley Link detective stories)
The BookElves Anthology is now available from Amazon in both Kindle and paperback versions. Don't miss this Christmas treat!
Seven stories, seven situations threatening the festivities. Will the holidays be a disaster? Will families be left out in the cold? Will there be tears before
bedtime, or will there be happy endings all round? The MG BookElves group brings you its first anthology of tales to enjoy during the holiday season:
* Reliable Clooney Dockins delivered his town's mail on time for thirty-two years, until that strange and impossible Christmas Eve when he woke up late. M.G.King (Fizz & Peppers at the Bottom of the World, Librarian on the Roof)
* Max the Tonkinese cat finds Santa Claus on the roof and is whisked away to retrieve a very special message from another time and place. Wendy Leighton-Porter (The Shadows from the Past series)
* Shirley Link is an amateur sleuth who lives in a town that could use all the sleuths it can get! What is it about Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts that makes it such a hotspot for dastardly deeds? Even on Christmas Day? Ben Zackheim (Shirley Link Detective Series, The Camelot Kids)
*Champ may be a rescue dog, but he’s the best person around to stop the dognappers and save heartbreak at Christmas. Fiona Ingram (The Secret of the Sacred Scarab, Champ: My Story of Survival)
* When the railroad gets snowed under, the two bit town of Skunk Corners has to play host to a load of mighty difficult strangers. Can Big Al and the Ninja Librarian keep the season of goodwill from breaking into a riot? Rebecca M. Douglass (The Ninja Librarian, Halitor the Hero)
*Far away on the west coast of a western Scottish island, Dylan and Dougall face yuletide in Castle Haunn with no heat, light or food. Can Dylan get the message through to the mainland for help, or is there something nasty waiting for him in the hills? Jemima Pett (The Princelings of the East series)
*It’s Christmas holiday and Lily is stuck in a remote mountain village. With school out for a month and no internet connection, at first she wonders how she will fill the time. In this sweet romance, Lily discovers there’s more to gift-giving than just the giving. S. Smith (The Seed Savers series)
Each tale weaves its own seasonal magic. Each magician has already warmed the hearts of thousands of young readers with their stories. Enjoy these frantic races to meet the Christmas deadline while you curl up in your favourite reading spot this winter.
My contribution to this collection of short stories is: Max's Christmas Adventure
Another solo adventure awaits Max the time-travelling Tonkinese cat in this Christmas short story, when he is invited to accompany a well-known figure on a whirlwind trip into the past. They are on a mission to find something very precious to the Lancelot twins – namely, Joe and Jemima’s missing parents. Along the way, their search reveals tantalising clues to the mystery and also to the rest of the books which are still to come in the SHADOWS OF THE PAST series. The tale ends with a rather special surprise for the twins.